Blair A. Casdin, LCSW-R
I am a licensed clinical social worker and psychotherapist. In my private practice, I provide counseling to adults and adolescents with a diverse range of issues, including:
- Mood Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Health Issues
- Relationship Problems
- Work and Academic-Related Stress
- Grief and Loss
- and Issues Related to the Performing Arts
My goal is to help you identify whatever blocks you from achieving your goals, and ultimately derive more satisfaction from your life. My approach blends compassion with directness. I am an active therapist, both when I am listening intently to your story, piecing together its meanings, and when I am giving you feedback.
I have many years experience in psychodynamic therapy. After receiving my MSW from New York University’s School of Social Work in 1996, I began my career in California at Stanford Hospital’s Department of Psychiatry and then moved to Kaiser Permanente’s Department of Psychiatry. In these programs I developed and ran groups, and provided individual, couples, and family counseling.
Prior to opening my private practice in New York, I worked as a clinician and supervisor at the Jewish Board of Family & Children’s Services Bronx Clinic providing individual and group therapy to adults with mental illness. I received a Post-Graduate Certificate from the William Alanson White Institute’s Intensive Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Program, and am a candidate in the 5-year program of the Manhattan Institute for Psychoanalysis.
I serve on the curriculum committee of the Manhattan Institute for Psychoanalysis, and am editor of the blog Analysis Now.
I am a member of the Women's Mental Health Consortium, the New York State Society for Clinical Social Work, and the International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy.
Treatment and Fees
- I have experience practicing many forms of psychotherapy and tailor a treatment that best meets your needs.
- My fee is $175 per session. Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis.
- Typically, I work with people in my practice once or twice a week for 45 minutes.
- I am on 2 insurance panels: Aetna and Consolidated Health Plan. Verify your health insurance coverage and co-pay when you arrange your first visit.
- Most insurance companies cover a significant portion of the cost for “out of network” behavioral health services. I will provide you with a monthly invoice to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- I can make referrals to psychiatrists and other health care professionals should the need arise, and will work closely with members of your treatment team.